November 23, 2010

if grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

This weekend we had a whirlwind trip up to NC, for the purpose of a short visit with my family, but mostly to get my car inspected and fixed. Thankfully, the rushing around is over, but David has been battling a cold since last week, and I seemed to pick it up around Saturday night. :(

David and I are so excited to spend our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple! And I'm looking forward to my first winter holiday with the in-laws. My sister Beth is coming down for the festivities which will include
some crazy-early Black Friday shopping.
It'll be fun to have my
little sistah here.

Beth gave me this beautiful leather Arcadia bag this weekend
while I was there. It has since stolen my heart.

JCrew has outdone themselves again with these Italian leather, double-stiched boots. Consider them on my wish list.
I recently visited an old blog that I used to read (or is it called stalking if you don't know them??). I hadn't been to her site in a couple years, and when I pulled it up, I found a post that was quite profound. She has left the [personal] blogging world in order to seek and glorify Christ. I have nothing against blogging, and I realize it can be a great tool in encouraging others and keeping up with friends. But, just maybe she's on to something. Blog fanatics, be challenged by her words. Click here to read her final post.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28)

Blessings for a happy Thanksgiving and a thankful heart,
the mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment