October 4, 2011

a quick update!

Well, friends, I didn't expect it to take me 2 months to post another update! But here we are, in sunny (and trust me when I say it's always sunny) California.

In typical list fashion, here are a few highlights from our life on the west coast!

1) I work at Biola! God was so gracious to us and provided me a job in the Registrar's office at Biola. I LOVE my job and am so thankful for all the wonderful people here, and I am even more thankful that the Lord provided me a job before we'd been here even a week. So, so thankful.

2) David has been taking 3 classes at Talbot this semester and loving them all. It hasn't been too challenging of a semester, but we anticipate heavier work loads as he progresses through his degree. The professors are great, and he's even been hired as a TA for one of the undergrad profs.

3) The weather here is even more perfect than we imaged... almost a little too perfect. Impossible, right? Who wants abrasive sunshine and high energy all day? Well, we do... so we thought. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. We love the great weather and the fact that we can walk to work and school every single day. It's just that now we appreciate quiet, gloomy days much more now. :)

4) Chick-fil-A. Not much to say about this except that we've eaten there way more than a little too much. It's been our comfort food. A little home-away-from-home. Enjoy this picture of the most massive piece of chicken ever.



5) Our apartment is great! We love our new little place and are having the best time putting it together. During our first 2 weeks here we pretty much bought out all of IKEA (one of the perks of living in LA is that there are a million of everything within a half hour's drive). We're getting used to not having air conditioning, which fortunately is not a huge deal. The nights are always cool and the air is dry. On the occasion it will just get... uncomfortable... and usually just when the oven is on.

6) As for touristing, we haven't done too much of it yet. Because I started my job after only being here 1 week, there hasn't been much time for exploring. So far we've been to Long Beach and a few small surrounding towns. Surprisingly, there is a TON to do out here, much of which doesn't even revolve around the Hollywood scene.

7) We're training for our first 5k race! It's on October 29, which is not far away, and we're super excited.

We'll be (or rather I will be) updating more soon. I love and miss blogging and as life settles more I'll try to be better at actually taking pictures and posting them! Thanks to everyone who followed us along our trip out here... we really appreciated your support and encouragement. It was so great to know that friends and family were keeping up with us as we traveled.

Much love to you all. We miss you terribly and hope to see/talk/skype with you more in the future!

the mrs.

3 comments:

  1. Awww Judy! It sounds as if you all are having a wonderful time! I am so happy for you two! I am glad you will be blogging again : )

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Seester! I am so glad for the way God is providing for you guys. Can't wait to see you both in a few short months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me so happy. I miss you so much and I will be out there soon.

    ReplyDelete